Though Apple never addressed the iPhone 8 directly during its developer conference, it did introduce its new mobile operating system,, providing some clues about what we can expect with the forthcoming 10th anniversary model.
We were expecting iphone 7s after releasing the iphone 7 but to remain in the competition with samsung series they announced iphone 8 which would be some what innovative in specs and increase in performance with a little design change. Apple is rumored to be planning big new things for the iPhone 8 including a new OLED display, possibly with Touch ID embedded. The iPhone 8, apparently set to arrive as the ‘iPhone Edition’, will be Apple’s 10th-anniversary smartphone, and looks set to be the first to debut wireless charging tech, a curved AMOLED display and an unusual vertical dual rear-facing camera.
The memo, posted by Benjamin Geskin, names ‘black out days’, when staff must be present, between 17 September and 4 November. This suggests that the launch announcement will come on or very close to 17 September, and that the following eight weeks represent the product’s highest-demand period, when staff will be most urgently needed in the office. Digitimes has predicted that “production for the new OLED iPhone is unlikely to start until September due to the redesigned fingerprint ID solution”, and KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has stated that the expected new 3D camera system will cause delays: “Unless production of the OLED iPhone (expected to begin in September) gets pushed back, there is virtually no time to make changes to the 3D camera system.”
LG will provide 3D facial recognition technology for the iPhone 8 that could be used for “biometric” identification. Apple could combine this with a new camera lens array to replace the fingerprint sensor as the primary interface for user authentication.
Iphone 8 Specs
- Three new models including two minor “S” upgrades plus an all-new iPhone 8
- Home button and Touch ID embedded in the display or located on back
- New Touch ID featuring face or iris scanning
- Curved, edge-to-edge OLED display with True Tone technology, possibly with Ion-X glass
- Facial recognition via LG’s new 3D sensor technology
- AirPods ($209.98 at Amazon Marketplace) come included
- Dual-lens camera, possibly in a vertical configuration and/or with AR capabilities
- Support for the Apple Pencil
- Wireless charging
- USB-C replacing Apple’s Lightning connector
- Enhanced water resistance
- Apple’s next-generation processor (the A10X or A11)
- Stainless steel and glass body
- Upgraded storage starting at 64GB and 3GB of RAM
- Intel or Qualcomm modem
- Higher quality earpiece for louder, clearer audio
- iOS 11 ( )
- Priced between $850 and $1,099 (roughly £650 to £900, or AU$1,150 to AU$1,500)
Iphone 8 Release news
Some reports shows that Apple and its suppliers have resolved all issues, the iPhone 8 is currently in production, and the company will deliver in early September. The iPhone 8 is likely to be announced in September 2017, marking 10 years since the firm launched its first smartphone. As if just to confuse matters more, Digitimes is reporting that mass production of the iPhone 8 is on schedule and that the smartphone will see a release in October.